One-Person Autonomous Mobility Vehicle Test Rides will be Held!
The "Fukuoka Smart East" project aims to solve various social issues and create a sustainable and comfortable city through the introduction of innovations and other measures. In order to make this initiative known to as many people as possible, we have supported a number of demonstrative experiments since 2018.
This time, in cooperation with ZMP Inc., we will hold a test ride of a one-person autonomous mobility vehicle that automatically drives to its destination. Anyone is welcome to try it out, so if you're interested, please come along!
Overview of the event
A test ride of RakuRo, a one-person autonomous mobility vehicle that automatically drives to its destination, will be held at Kaizuka Park. RakuRo is a vehicle that travels on sidewalks at speeds of 6 km/h or less, recognizes pedestrian signals, and can automatically stop and start. Since it can be used both indoors and outdoors, it is expected to be used in a variety of situations, such as short distance travel between destinations, large shopping malls, and hospitals.
Friday, May 27, 2022, 13:00 - 16:00 (registration at the venue, first-come-first-served basis)
Saturday, May 28, 2022 10:00 - 16:00 (advance reservations required)
Sunday, May 29, 2022 10:00-16:00 (advance reservations required)
No rides between 12:30 and 13:30 on both the 28th and 29th.
*Canceled in case of rain
|〇Location: Kaizuka Park (7-8-35 Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka City)|
|〇Route: Special course in Kaizuka Park|
|〇Number of vehicles: 2|
|〇Participation fee: Free of charge|
- Friday, May 27: 30 people
- Saturday, May 28 and Sunday, May 29: 50 each
|〇||Conditions for application
- Only one person is allowed to take a test ride on each ride.
- For safety reasons, please ride alone. Only small children are allowed to ride the bus on their knees.
|〇||How to Apply:
Please access the application form from the following URL or 2D barcode.
|〇||Other special notes:
- Please fill out the survey after the test ride.
- We will close the application as soon as we reach the maximum number of participants.
- Please note that we will not allow people who are using pacemakers to ride the RakuRo, as it may experience interference caused by communications with the vehicle.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time for a pre-ride briefing.
- There are no height or age restrictions, but the participant must be able to maintain a sitting position.
- The weight limit is 100 kg.
- Please register your e-mail address so that we can contact you in case of rain cancellation.
|〇||Contact for inquiries
Smart EAST, Innovation Policy and smart city planning, Kyushu University City Planning Promotion Department, Fukuoka City Housing and Urban Development Bureau
TEL: 092-711-4154 FAX: 092-733-5909 *Not available on weekends
For the 28th and 29th, please contact the following phone number.
Reference: ZMP Inc. press release (PDF)