On public roads
A test ride will be conducted on an automated minibus with no steering wheel!
The "Fukuoka Smart East" project aims to solve various social issues and create a sustainable and comfortable city by introducing innovations and other measures. In order to make this initiative known to as many people as possible, we have supported a number of demonstration experiments since 2018.
This time, in cooperation with BOLDLY Inc., we will conduct test rides on public roads using the "NAVYA ARMA" (made by Navya, France), an automated minibus without a steering wheel. Anyone is welcome to try it out, so if you are interested, please sign up!
Outline of the event
A test-ride event will be held in the Hakozaki city area, starting and ending at JR Hakozaki Station, using an automated minibus, which is attracting attention as a next-generation transportation system.
ARMA, which was developed exclusively for automatic driving, is a vehicle that recognizes its own position and surroundings using GPS and sensors.
- August 25 (Thursday) to August 28 (Sunday), 2022
- Each day 10:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00 (advance reservations required)
*On the 25th, only in the afternoon.
*Canceled in case of stormy weather
- Hakomatsu Minami Park (2-15, Hakomatsu, Higashi Ward, Fukuoka City), on the east exit of JR Hakozaki Station.
- As shown on the map, the route starts and ends at the east exit of JR Hakozaki station, and runs around Matsushima and the Hakomatsu school district.
- Each lap is about 3.5 km, and takes about 20 minutes.
〇Number of participants and participation fee
- 40 people per day (5 people per ride, 8 rides per day)
- Free of charge
〇Conditions for application
- Only one test ride per person is allowed.
- Wheelchair users cannot ride in a wheelchair because it is difficult to secure the wheelchair due to the vehicle's specifications.
- Only those who are able to sit in a seat from a wheelchair can ride the bus.
〇How to apply
- Please access the application form from the following URL or 2D barcode.
〇Other special notes
- After the test ride, you will be asked to fill out a survey.
- We will close the application when we reach the maximum number of participants.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your reserved time to ensure on-time operation.
- Please refrain from riding the bus if you are not in good physical condition.
- Please wear a mask when riding on the bus.
- Please register your e-mail address so that we can contact you in case the event is canceled due to inclement weather.
- In order to make adjustments to the bus's automatic driving system, we have been conducting test runs with actual buses along the route since Monday, August 8, 2022.
- The maximum speed will be 20 km/h. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
〇Contact for inquiries
Smart EAST, Innovation Policy and smart city planning, Fukuoka City Housing and Urban Development Bureau
TEL: 092-711-4154 FAX: 092-733-5909 *Not available on weekends
For the 27th and 28th, please contact the following phone number. 080-4091-6205
Reference: BOLDLY Inc. press release (PDF)